A little off topic for a designer but I also like to cook so expect to see recipes every now and again!
Seared Scallops and Applewood Smoked Bacon with Creamy Pesto Spinach Tagliatelle
10 X Scallops
4 x Applewood Smoked Bacon (sliced)
200g x fresh Tagliatelle
2-3 x Large Tablespoons of Cremé Fraiche
2 x Large Teaspoons of Pesto
150g x Oyster Mushrooms(sliced)
6 x Handfulls of Fresh Spinach (washed)
1 x small handfull of fresh basil (washed & chopped)
1. Place the tagliatelle in a pan of boiling water with a pinch of salt and boil for 8-12 minutes or per the packet’s instructions.
2. Glug a small amount of olive oil into a small frying pan on a medium to high heat and lightly fry the mushrooms for 30-60 seconds then place to one side.
3. Drain the pasta and place back into the pan off the heat with the spinach. Carefully stir in the spinach, then add the pesto and stir that in, add the cremé fraiche and carefully stir it in.
4. Glug a small amount of olive oil into a small frying pan and lightly fry the bacon on a medium to high heat. (cook to own taste) Then place to one side.
5. Place the pasta in the centre of the large bowl or plate.
6. Quickly re-heat the mushrooms and place on of the pasta followed by the bacon.
7. Heat a large flat frying pan on a medium to high heat and glug a small amount of olive oil in the pan, sear the scallops for 30 seconds then turn and sear the other side for 30 seconds. Then repeat for another 30 seconds on each side then place on top of the bacon.
8. Season with salt, pepper and a small amount of lemon juice and serve.